The Verdigris Ensemble will hold auditions on August 4th for the 2018-19 Concert Season. The deadline for submission of your materials is Friday, July 27. Materials must be received by 5:00pm.
Singers invited to audition after pre-screening will be contacted by August 1 via the provided email address.
To be considered for a live audition, please complete the audition application with the following items:
- Your Current Performance Resumé/CV:
- List your significant choral and solo performance experience, including significant repertoire performed and under what auspices the performances occurred (conductor, ensemble, venue, etc.).
- Outline your musical training/background (such as degree(s), voice teachers, coaches, etc.)
- Resume must be uploaded in PDF format
- Two contrasting solo pieces in different languages from the art song, operatic, or concert repertoire. One selection must be in French, German, or Italian.
- On the submission form, you will be asked to provide the title and composer for each of your submitted audio files.
- Candidates are advised to choose selections that best demonstrate the quality and flexibility of their voice.
- Recordings will only be accepted via YouTube, Google Drive, or any other streaming audio/video service.
Invited Audition Process
Singers invited to audition with the Verdigris Ensemble will be asked to sing for the Artistic Director and a committee of Verdigris vocalists. Singers should prepare two contrasting selections that best demonstrate the quality and versatility of their voice. Repertoire for the live audition can be the same as or different from the online submission. A pianist will be provided for the live audition. Please bring copies of your music for the accompanist.
During the audition, singers will also be asked to sight-read.